AGV or automated driverless vehicles
Manage your workflows automatically and
eliminate non-added value tasks
AGVs or Automated Guided Vehicles are driverless handling vehicles. They are powered by batteries and are able to operate completely independently in your plant.
There are a wide variety of applications and BA Systèmes tailors its solutions to your needs. The loads transported weigh from a few kilos to several tons (pallets, containers, reels, etc.) at stacking levels ranging from 0 to 14 meters.
Adopt your guide system
AGVs or automated vehicles move through a combination of tracking, or the vehicle’s ability to know where it is, and guidance which allows it to follow a path. The supervision software: AGV Manager, developed by BA Systèmes, manages the tasks, communication, tool monitoring and safety around AGVs.
Guide system types
- Laser guiding provides you with flexibility and responsiveness. No particular infrastructure is needed. The AGV moves through odometry and is periodically realigned through its laser and reflectors positioned in your plant (self-adhesive strips measuring 15 cm x 5 cm).
- Magnet guiding. Magnets are embedded in your floor and allow AGVs to track their movements. This guide mode is suitable for great height storage applications.
- Wire-guiding. This rarely used historical technology involves a wire being embedded in your floor, and providing the AGV with a magnetic sensor that then tracks the path defined by the wire.
- Dual guiding: BA Systèmes also has expertise in dual guiding. The laser/magnet or laser/wire dual guiding is an essential advantage for high-rise storage applications. When the reflectors are masked, the magnets or the magnetic wire take over to ensure the accuracy of the AGV’s movements.
Discover the specificities of our AGVs
BA Systèmes has a wide range of automated vehicles:
- Guide systems: laser, magnet, wire, dual guiding;
- Loads: from a simple box (400 x 600) to a piece of fuselage;
- Capacity: from a few kilos to several tons;
- Lifting height: from 0 to 14 m;
- Battery: open lead-acid, lead gel, nickel cadmium, etc.;
- Speed: up to 3 m/s;
Options: specific tools, claws, clamps, double forks, load stabilizers, barcode readers, long forks, spreaders, enviro-scan, automatic replacement of batteries, etc.